What is AR?
Ok….what about in an educational setting?!
Are the wheels turning yet? How do envision AR being used for learning?
(Quick plug for AR in the specific subject of history)
- Mobile —> AR —> History in Context / in situ!
- Check out Moravian History Mystery in ARIS or Paris Occupé
- ARIS (Augmented Reality and Interactive Storytelling): http://arisgames.org/
- Aurasma (sponsors of Tottenham Hotspur!): https://www.aurasma.com/
- Example – Scan the image on this link with Aurasma app
- TaleBlazer (from MIT): http://taleblazer.org/
- Uses scratch-like interface for building
- Layar ($): https://www.layar.com/
- Augment (free for educators & students): http://www.augment.com/augmented-reality-for-education/
For our activities: Please download, install, and create an account in ARIS.
As a true geospatial tool: Outdoor game triggered by lat-lon
- Mountain Top Meltdown (We will play today)
- I can see the World from my Tower!
As a human-space tool: Indoor activity using QR codes
- Great Government Guru Game
- Community Needs Game (We will play today)
- For those interested: Readings on AR are in CourseSite
- FREE book! Mobile Media Learning: Innovation and Inspiration