Game Building Tools
- ARIS – Game authoring platform that I’ve used for most of my games.
- Mark Chen’s Game Making Tools Google Sheet – Compilation of tools for game building.
- Twine – Open-source tool for telling interactive, nonlinear stories.
Geospatial Tools Resources
- Geospatial Tools for Teaching & Learning – I teach this course at Lehigh University. This link will bring you to my collection of Story Maps that explore the following topics:
- GPS & Geocaching
- Geography Basics
- The Significance of Geospatial Tools
- Google Earth – Part I
- Google Earth – Part II
- SS Savannah
- The GoogleVerse
- Map Projections
- ArcGIS – Part I
- ArcGIS – Part II
- GIS in the Community
- GIS in the Classroom
- ESRI Story Maps
- Local Inquiry & Data Collection
- Spatial Thinking
- Map Design
- Maps as Advocacy
- Other Geospatial Tools
- Pedagogy & GST
- Geospatial Games
- Innovation & Diffusion
- Computational Thinking
Computational Thinking Resources
- Dr. Thomas C. Hammond’s Computational Thinking & Social Studies Page
- EdSurge Article: Computational Thinking Is Critical Thinking. And It Works in Any Subject.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App – Got writer’s block? Try this.
- Frankenplace is an interactive thematic map search engine that uses geographic context as a means to discover, organize, and interactively visualize the documents related to a search query
- Histography – every dot on this interactive timeline is an event recorded in wikipedia
GBL Studies Resources
- Learning, Education and Games: 100 Games to use in the Classroom and Beyond Edited By Dr. Karen Schrier
- My game-based learning group on Mendeley – literature
- Great GBL research guide: http://guides.lib.lawrence.edu/games
- Journals: https://goo.gl/bFRCp6
- Conferences: https://goo.gl/npsDqd
- GBL-friendly places to publish