Two Key thoughts as we begin to use GSTs….
- 10% is good enough for our purposes
- Everything is in beta always
I like to explore this through a markup layer about the SS Savannah (1819-1821): Savannah_1819.kmz.
- How are the Google Earth projects coming?
- Google Earth, second pass: Advanced features
- Where/how to find Google Earth datasets.
- What actually is KMZ and KML?
- Some Google Earth KMZ and KML examples
- Time to play in Google Earth!
- Google Earth vs. Google Maps
- Other Google Earths…
- How do they compare?
- I don’t have the money for an HTC Vive!
- (But if you DID have access to VR…check out this free app that will allow you to build lessons in VR: Engage.)A lower-tech option: Google Cardboard with Expeditions. Check out Google’s Earth education resources.Amazing list of available Google Expeditions!
- Tour Builder (similar to ArcGis’ Story Maps)
- Map Projections (i.e., why doesn’t my map overlay work???)
- Has your Google Earth project idea evolved?
- assignment due…by 6pm tonight – Google Earth proof-of-concept:
- KMZ or KML fileText file describing how you hope to use the finished product and what you need to do to complete it.